Friday, April 1, 2016

Six Weeks Already

Our girl is six weeks old!
She weighs 9 lbs and 5 oz and wears newborn and some 0-3 month clothes. She's nearly too big for newborn diapers, but I'm trying to use them up.

She's finally smiling more! In the mornings and after she wakes up from a nap are the best times to spot one. She's also finding her voice. Tummy time isn't her favorite, but she can lift her head, though she prefers to do that on someone's shoulder.

One of the best ways to soothe her is to sing. I do that while I rock her before a daytime nap. Her favorites are "Jesus Loves Me" and "Do Lord". The sound of a blowdryer usually helps her stay asleep which comes in handy when I'm getting ready for church on Sunday mornings.

Her legs are strong. She pushes up on me as if she wants to stand. She's a curious girl who wants to walk around with her on your shoulder so she can look at everything.

She's growing and thriving!
We'll see how she changes in the next month!

1 comment: