Friday, April 8, 2016

Seven Weeks

We're almost to the two-month mark!

Our girl seems so big now. I started her baby book this week and looking at the hospital pictures made me kind of...sad. How strange is it that I already have a hard time remembering how small she was?

She wears size 1 diapers and some newborn and 0-3 month clothes. Most of the 0-3 month is too big, but we're making it work since the newborn is mostly too small. I can't wait until she gains enough to fit in some dresses I bought her for church. Speaking of weight, she's 9 lbs and 15 oz!

She's gotten to where she'll nap in a swing while I try to shower, clean, etc. But her favorite way to fall asleep is while I'm rocking her and singing softly. Today she actually laughed in her sleep for the first time. Also she sucked her thumb this morning.

Her smiles come much more frequently, along with coos. She's also focusing on faces now. She notices when her dad and I walk away from her.

We've started doing tummy time with a boppy pillow because otherwise she hates it.

She still isn't a great nighttime sleeper. If she wakes up, she insists on nursing which makes me a wee bit exhausted. Plus she's started wanting to stay awake from 3ish to 5ish. I'm trying to remember she won't always do this. One day she'll go to sleep without so much effort, and she'll stay that way until morning.

Seven weeks--you're growing so fast, sweet girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment