Saturday, March 19, 2016

Our Girl at One Month


Sweet girl, you're one month old today!
You've changed so much already, and you grow more and more every day. You weigh 8 lbs and 2 oz. as of Wednesday. You still wear size newborn in clothes and diapers.
Your favorite activity is eating! Your second favorite is being propped on my legs so that we can stare at one another.
Yesterday you made a couple new noises. Maybe you'll start "cooing" soon.
When I picked you up out of your Rock n' Play yesterday, you looked at me and smiled! I'm convinced it was a real smile, even though I haven't been able to get you to do it again.

You eat at least every 3 hours, though lately you don't want to wait that long. You're a growing girl, after all! Last night you slept for about 3 1/2 hours between feedings which was a nice change. We have our good nights and our super exhausting nights.

Your hair is a shade of brown, and your eyes are dark blue. You can grasp fingers and roll on your side and lift your head for a solid five to ten seconds or so. Tummy time isn't your favorite thing, but we're working on that.

You went to your first gospel singing last night--Tribute Quartet. (Not counting the ones you attended while in my belly.) Of course, you spent most of the evening in the nursery. But you'll have plenty more chances to hear our favorite groups as you grow.

You look like a mixture of your dad and me. You're a beautiful little girl, and I can't wait to see your personality. Right now you're asleep on my chest, and it's the sweetest feeling ever.

I'm praying for you every day, sweet girl. That you'll become exactly what the Lord wants you to be.
We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment