Friday, March 4, 2016

2 Weeks Update


Emma is two weeks old today!

Our sweet girl weighs 7 lbs 5 oz. as of yesterday when we weighed her.
She eats at least every 3 hours during the day. Last night was the first night I didn't set an alarm to wake her for feedings, but she still woke every 3-4 hours. She's a growing girl, so she needs her nourishment!
(I would LOVE to be able to get some sleep. But I know the time is coming when she'll stay full longer.)

Little Emma is pretty hilarious when she's awake. Her tongue is always out, and she makes the funniest faces.
She's pretty great at lifting her head too.

We haven't taken her to church or any stores yet. I'm going a bit stir-crazy, but I want to keep her home awhile longer. Call me a crazy first-time mom, but I don't want anyone touching her. :o)

Her umbilical cord came off this week, and we plan on giving her her first bath tomorrow.
Right now her eyes are a dark blue, and her hair is brown. We'll see how that changes over the next few weeks and months.
Her looks change daily. Everyone has opinions on who she looks like, but I'm reserving my opinion since she's changing so much. 

She's beautiful, and I can't believe she's already two weeks.
Of course, it sometimes feels like it's been a whole lot longer than two weeks. (Especially during those middle-of-the-night nursing sessions.)

The pregnancy hormones seem to FINALLY be dwindling, thank the Lord. I almost feel normal. Almost.
Taking care of her is becoming easier, probably because we've gotten into a routine. Evenings are the worst because I'm so dreading being up all night. Mornings are good because I have the most energy then.
I'm also blessed with amazing family who rescue me when I'm to the point of exhaustion.

Caring for little Emma is by far the hardest thing I've ever done. More exhausting and scary than pregnancy or labor. 
But the reward comes when she grips my finger or clutches me while she eats or when she stops crying once she's in my arms.

I can't wait to see how much she grows in the next two weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment