Saturday, December 26, 2015

Christmas 2015

 Family of 2 (for now)

Oh, Christmas. How awesome and stressful you can be.
This year, I definitely felt the change. That weird transition feeling as E and I are starting our own family. Next year will surely hold new traditions--we'll have a 10 month old to spoil!

This year, presents didn't matter a bit to me. I've heard it all my life, but it's true that the older you get the less you care about gifts. 
My most favorite thing was simply being with my husband and family.



Being with Grandma on Christmas for the first time in I don't know how many years was amazing.

Ethan and I did our own Christmas present opening on Christmas morning.
 After growing up in a big family that always woke super early and crowded into the living room, it was a tad strange waking up to only one other person. The wrapping paper didn't take nearly as long to clean up. :0) I loved seeing E open his gifts (and scoop our cat up for some pictures). He deserved to be spoiled, the sweet guy.


We headed to see family next (because there's nothing like seeing kids excited about their toys). I can't wait for our little one to be among the kids, crawling over wrapping and cardboard boxes.
 By the end of the day, my pregnant self was exhausted.
Goodbyes all said, we headed back home and relaxed, just the two of us. We checked out his new X-Box, then fixed some eggrolls and snuggled in the recliner to watch something not at all Christmas-related. A pretty perfect night.
Today we said goodbye to Grandma which wasn't easy, but I'm hoping we can convince her to travel down again when the baby is here. Who could say no to rocking a newborn? ;)
Our first married Christmas. I can't thank God enough for my husband and the family we've started.
I can't wait to make traditions with him in all the Christmases to come! 


No comments:

Post a Comment