Wednesday, September 23, 2015

The Year Everything Changed

 
The beginning of this year meant wedding planning and house-hunting.
 
A wedding meant marriage and a new life with my best friend.
 
 
From January to April, we planned...and planned...and planned...until finally Ethan and I started our journey together.
 
Come summer, he stood by me as I took a call from a special lady who informed me I was an ACFW Genesis finalist. We started planning. Again. This time a trip to Texas instead of a wedding ceremony.
 
We drove 600 long miles cluttered with semi-trailers. And all the while, we brought along a secret passenger. One who didn't have a ticket for the writing conference. One I'd been working hard to keep hidden.
You see, as much as I share on social media, I do still love privacy.
 
But some secrets aren't meant to stay hidden.
And some passengers like to announce their presence by making you sick in the hotel lobby.
 
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Baby B's first ultrasound
 
While a part of me wants to keep this passenger's life as my own special secret, shared only with a few, the time has inevitably come to let y'all in on the blessing.
Though this year has brought nothing but change, the next will bring even more.
 
In March 2016, Lord willing, a baby will join our crazy journey.
(Officially, anyway. The tiny thing has already made itself clearly known in my world. He/She is here, no matter that no one else can tell.)
 
  (You're shocked, aren't you?
You're thinking, "But...but...you just got married...you should've waited..."
All I can say is take that up with the Lord because I'll not be the one to argue with His timing.)
 
Honestly, I already can't wait to see our little one, to mull over whether he/she has my eyes or Ethan's. To read to the little guy and rock until he/she falls asleep. I can't wait to watch Ethan hold our tiny baby for the first time, for us to enjoy our little family.
  
There will be maaaany more posts about this itty-bitty, quickly growing baby in the future, but for now, I'll rest in the fact that we've finally shared the news.
 
Our family of two no longer exists.
 
E + C = 3
 
  
 


15 comments:

  1. So sweet, Courtney!! Congratulations on your win at ACFW!! Wishing you and your husband many blessed years of marriage and sweet blessings of love, joy, and grace as you welcome your baby. So gald I got a chance to meet you <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! (And a special thank you for helping in my time of need! Ha!)

      Delete
  2. Forgive the typo :) So *glad to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweetness! Pure sweetness. Okay ... forget that trip to Disney until you are able to take the little one, too. :) You will be the best of parents ... you are both so sweet. You are all three blessed. God is good. Rejoicing with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought of when you mentioned the Disney trip. :0)
      Yes, ma'am, He is sooo good!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations, Ethan and Courtney. I'm so happy for all three of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. His timing is always perfect. Congratulations to you and Ethan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful! Congratulations on all your many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww!! I love this post so much! #excited

    ReplyDelete
  8. Courtney, I'm thrilled for you and Ethan! So much change, so many blessings in one year, and you're responding with beautiful grace and joy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. God's timing is truly perfect. Congratulations on the gift of being a mom. :) It is the greatest!

    ReplyDelete