Wednesday, September 30, 2015

18 Weeks Update

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 18 weeks, 1 day
Size of baby: Our baby is the size of a sweet potato! Somewhere around 5.5 inches and 6.7 ounces.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Eventually I might delete this question. ;0) We don't have a scale, but my doctor told me last week I've gained 6 lbs. total. I can definitely tell by my stomach!
Maternity Clothes: Not needed yet, but I've been having a bit of fun buying new clothes online (Pink Blush Maternity). I only feel like I need them after I eat a big meal.
  
Gender: We'll know in less than three weeks. Yay!
Movement: Yes! This baby must already love church because he/she moves more when I'm there. I felt movement for the first time Sunday (17 weeks, 5 days) in the morning service. The baby might have his/her dad's feet!
The entire pregnancy feels more real now that I can actually feel the baby--one of the most amazing things ever!
Sleep: I wake up multiple times in the middle of the night. Nooot sleeping so well.
What I miss: Well, since I've decided to allow myself the occasional Dr. Pepper now that I've reached the second trimester, I'm not missing much. Except being able to brush my teeth without gagging/throwing up.
Cravings: I could eat Chinese/Japanese food every day, I think. Salsa from our favorite Mexican restaurant is something else I'm eating more. And today green bean casserole has been the number one choice.
Symptoms: Tired most of the time. Occasional nausea/dizziness. And brushing my teeth is something I fear now.
What I'm Looking Forward To: My next ultrasound when we'll see how Baby B is growing and find out if it's a boy or girl!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Your little tummy looks precious. I miss those days. I think my biggest craving was radishes with a touch of salt. I worked at a restaurant when I was pregnant with my son and the chef would clean and chop a big bowl of radishes for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Is that cute or what? I loved reading about all the little details. And how funny that Baby B gets active in church! Gotta love it!

    ReplyDelete