Sunday, May 3, 2015

Finding Me by Kathryn Cushman

http://www.amazon.com/Finding-Me-Kathryn-Cushman/dp/0764212613


Finding Me attracted me for two reasons: The cover and the premise. With clear mystery elements, I knew I had to give this one a try.
Kathryn Cushman has created a story that makes the reader want to discover more about the heroine as she learns more about herself. I love when a story makes me wonder--truly wonder--what will happen. Kelli Huddleston is on a journey to figure out why her dad lied about her upbringing, why he hid a life spent with another family. Throughout Finding Me, we find those answers.
 
There are romantic elements, but this novel is what I would call women's fiction. The writing is good, although I would have loved to feel the emotions of the characters more. Kelli is an interesting heroine, even if she's a bit easily-persuaded. The suspense element of the book will surely draw readers in and make them want to cozy up under a blanket to find out the truth. I'm more of a romance girl myself, but I didn't mind curling up in a rocking chair with this one. 
 
Readers of women's fiction will no doubt want to own Finding Me. The real-life issues and mystery promise to keep a reader occupied until the last page is flipped. 
 

You can buy the book here.
 
 
From the Back Cover:
 
What would you do if you learned your life was a lie?
 
All her life, Kelli Huddleston has been told the story of a fire--a fire that killed her mother and two siblings when she was an infant. After her father's death, though, she uncovers evidence of a different story, including clippings about a boat accident that killed a young father and his infant daughter. And Kelli quietly realizes the story of her life has been a fiction.
 
How far would you go to discover the truth?
 
Armed with only a few pictures of what she thinks might be her family, Kelli crosses the country to Tennessee, determined to uncover the truth about what happened over twenty years ago in a small southern town. When the trip threatens to open doors to the past better left shut, and her plans for the future are jeopardized, Kelli is faced with an agonizing choice that will change her life forever.
 
*I received this book free from the publisher in exchange for my honest review.* 

No comments:

Post a Comment