Saturday, March 21, 2015

After A Fashion by Jen Turano


 
 
There's something incredibly wonderful about trusting an author to deliver a fun story full of hilarity and intriguing characters. Jen Turano is such an author.
Amidst the stress of planning a wedding, I loved dipping into After A Fashion, living in a creatively witty world. Books that urge me to smile are always some of my favorites, and this novel delivers plenty of grins.
One aspect I especially loved was the fact that the heroine, Miss Harriet, isn't rich. That differentiated her from the heroines in Turano's other books and made her relatable. The attitude of the hero, Mr. Oliver, was tantalizing as well--he has a way of sticking his foot in his mouth. Also, the secondary characters supported the story in a way that made me anticipate the soon-to-follow novels in the series.
 
 Do you need to relax? To unleash stress and laugh?
If so, you need a Jen Turano book. She's got talent and a unique way with words. (I had to get used to the length of her sentences at first, but I admire how she breaks writing "rules.")
 
After A Fashion is another strong novel from Turano, and I'll be sure to read the next in the series...because I do, after all, dearly love to laugh.
 
 
 
You can buy After A Fashion here.
 
Back Cover Blurb
 
Miss Harriet Peabody dreams of the day she can open up a shop selling refashioned gowns to independent working women like herself. Unfortunately, when an errand for her millinery shop job goes sadly awry due to a difficult customer, she finds herself without an income.
 
Mr. Oliver Addleshaw is on the verge of his biggest business deal yet when he learns his potential partner prefers to deal with men who are settled down and wed. When Oliver witnesses his ex not-quite-fiancée causing the hapless Harriet to lose her job, he tries to make it up to her by enlisting her help in making a good impression on his business partner.
 
Harriet quickly finds her love of fashion can't make her fashionable. She'll never truly fit into Oliver's world, with its fancy dinners and elegant balls, but just as she's ready to call off the fake relationship a threat from her past forces both Oliver and Harriet to discover that love can come in the most surprising packages.
 
*I received this book free from the publisher in exchange for my honest review.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like I need to pick it up! Thanks for a great review! Makes me want to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete