Monday, December 8, 2014

The Sunflower Blog Award and a Winner...


 
Huge thanks to Irene who nominated me for the Sunflower Blogger Award! So sweet of her.
 
The rules tell me I must:
*Reveal 11 facts about myself 
*Answer the 11 questions the previous blogger asked
 
 
Here we go...
 
1) Though I grew up in church, memorized Bible verses, went on visitation, etc., I didn't truly come to know the Lord until I was eighteen. During revival, a preacher preached on a "train comin'." Conviction overtook my heart, and I settled the matter in the church's back hallway with my mama.

2) When I was little, I would tell my sister that I couldn't wait to be older than her (so I could tell her what to do). Yup, I believed I would one day be older than her. Not sure why.

3) Kittens are my weakness. I loooove them.

4) Lately, I've been craving beef stew. Need to make some soon.

5) There's an exercise bike in my bedroom. And bookcases. And a broken chair.

6) Despite how society views them, I admire and would like to be a SAHM (stay-at-home mom).

7) I never, ever believed Santa was real. Not even when my parents wrote "From Santa" on presents.

8) I took prescription medicine once that made me hallucinate--no joke. My sister and I shared a room, and I insisted somebody was running around our room. That freaked her out, and we ended up sleeping in the same bed that night.

9) I used to think the Civil War was pronounced the "Silver" War.

10) Rain and books are two of my favorite things.

11) David Phelps singing "O Holy Night" is my favorite Christmas song. Look it up on YouTube!

Questions from Irene:

1) Jane Austen or the Brontë sisters? Jane Austen, no doubt. Pride and Prejudice = LOVE.
2) What is your top fav. flower, and why? I'm not a flower person, but my favorite color's blue. So I'd pick a blue flower, I suppose.
3) What is the best book you have ever read? The Bible. No other book compares to the Word of God. I'm beyond thankful for His grace.
4) If you could travel back in time, who/where would you visit? I would go back to Bible times to see Jesus and also to meet Paul.
5) What is your favorite holiday? Christmas!!!
6)  What is the most adventurous moment you have ever experienced ? Battling my fear of heights, I climbed a lighthouse. Bawled all the way to the top, but I did survive.
7) Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate.
 8) What’s your favorite song? Oh goodness. I can't choose. "What We Needed" and "He Locked the Gate" by the Kingdom Heirs are two favorites.
9) What flavor do you like best in a candy bar? Chocolate. Three Musketeers are yummy.
10) Fall or Winter? Fall.
11) Who is your fav. book/movie character(s)? Well, this is a difficult one. Mr. Darcy. Elizabeth Bennet. Lorelai Gilmore. These are a few who have stayed with me.

My Questions:
1) If you had to eat the same meal for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
2) Baseball or football?
3) What's a book you've read more than once?
4) Blue raspberry or cherry?
5) Would you want a fancy wedding or a more frugal one?
6) What's your biggest pet peeve?
7) Y'all or you guys?
8)New York or Nashville?
9) Dr Pepper or Coke?
10) How has the Lord blessed you recently?
11) If money weren't a worry, what job would you like to have for the rest of your life?


I'm nominating whoever reads this post and would like to participate!

Now for the winner of The Westward Christmas Brides Collection.


 
a Rafflecopter giveaway

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Courtney!

    I really enjoyed your answers to my questions! And I can totally relate to your fear of heights...God's still working with me on that one ;) Thanks for posting! :)

    Peace&blessings, Irene W.

    ReplyDelete