Friday, December 5, 2014

Every Little Bit


Photo Credit
I almost didn't post today. And not because of the silly cold I've been milking suffering through all week. No, my almost-decision to skip my Friday post was simple: What did it matter? Who would notice?

Now, before you accuse me of pitying myself (and don't we all do that once in a while?), let me explain. I know, thanks to the stats page, that some awesome people read what I've got to say. Amazing, right? But when you have a crummy week and you don't feel good, you tend to have Eeyore moments. 

This week, I wanted good news. Instead, I got some not-so-fun news and then a little bit more. Now,the Lord knows I stink at not getting my way. I mean it. You'd think growing up with three older sisters and a little brother I would be used to waiting my turn.

Ha. No. I want what I want, when I want, how I want. 
And often God pats my shoulder and says, "Uh huh. How 'bout you calm down, and we'll do things My way."
Really, how am I supposed to oppose that? 

So, while feeling like the girl in the picture above, alone and a little dizzy (swings make me nauseated), I typed out a note to a friend who gets me. Even though we've never met. Never spoken on the phone. She understood, and she allowed me to whine a bit. Bless her heart.

Then my WIP called to me (not literally, folks; I'm not that crazy). I made progress on the story and felt pretty stinkin' amazing. 

To add to that stellar feeling, someone let me know they read my blog and it "inspires" them.

No one has ever called me inspiring, I don't think. And, at the risk of sounding incredibly conceited, I'll admit that compliment meant a lot.

God has reminded me that publishing a book isn't the only way to reach people. Being called to write doesn't mean my words will only matter once they're contracted, marketed, and sold in a store.
Being called to write means writing. Now. Whether in a blog or a tweet or a Facebook post. 
Every little bit counts. Every little bit matters to Him.

And every little bit of encouragement you hand someone could be what she's hungry for. A little bit of nice goes a long way.
A looong, long way. 

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Courtney! Your posts are so heart-felt and genuine. You really minister through your writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! That's a blessing to hear! Thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about the not-so-fun news. I've been at the receiving end of that kind of news more times than I care to remember!

    But, as a very wise agent, said to me (as he rejected me) "It may not be this one, but it may be the next. This is a marathon and not a sprint." So congrats on moving forward with your current WIP. This writing business is a tough gig but like you say, every little bit counts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right! We've all still got a lot to be thankful for. Setbacks are what we need to grow and remember to trust in Him.
      Thank you for commenting! :)

      Delete