Monday, November 10, 2014

The One Where I Share A Yummy Recipe

Photo Credit
That, y'all, is Poppy Seed Chicken.

I craved this dish over the weekend, messaged my sister for the recipe, and enjoyed every bite of the stuff. Most of the time I'm not a casserole person but just looking at this picture makes me want to go to Walmart and buy the ingredients to make it again. 

4 shredded cooked chicken breasts
2 (10.5 ounce) cans of condensed cream of chicken soup
2 cups sour cream
1-2 packages (sleeves) of crushed buttery round crackers
4 teaspoons poppy seeds
2 sticks melted butter
Salt, to taste

First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Mix the sour cream, cream of chicken, and poppy seeds in a small bowl. Layer chicken in a lightly greased casserole dish and pour on the cream of chicken mixture. Stir the butter and crackers together and sprinkle them on top. Bake for 30 minutes.
We always serve this with rice. It's yuuuuuummy.

Good grief. I am going to have to go to Walmart. Once isn't enough!


2 comments:

  1. Now I'M craving this recipe!!! This one is a staple at our house. But we haven't made it in a while. Who is responsible for this, I'd like to know!!! ;) I think we may actually have the ingredients around here already. That's it. No excuses. We have to make it now.

    Speaking of excuses. I've been a HORRIBLE NaNoWriMo participant the past few days. :( I've been fighting a cold, and I think/hope I'm finally winning, but my word count is suffering. Also, there is a fantastic Bible conference in our area that people drive from all over the U.S. to attend, and if I'm possibly well enough, I don't want to miss the meeting, which will take up some more writing time. :s

    What I REALLY want to do is lay around alternately reading Melanie Dickerson's new book and learning how to play chess online.

    Wow. I've written you a novel in a comment. Sorry about that. If I rambled into my MS as much as I do elsewhere, I'd probably have it written already! LOL! Maybe I should write more about food in my novel. I love talking about food. :D

    Thanks for the awesome recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, if only you lived close enough to make me some too. ;) I've got a feeling I'll be fixing this sometime this week.
      I'm sure you'll catch up on Nano! I don't see how people write 50,000 words in a month, but they do impress me. We're having a Bible conference at the end of this week too. Cool coincidence.

      Speaking of Melanie ' s new book, I won it at Seekerville and hope I get to read it soon.
      You should add more food to your book, just because I always seem to love stories with food. (All's Fair In Love And Cupcakes, for example.)

      I don't mind novel-length comments, so no worries. Maybe you'll be inspired to write after eating Poppy Seed Chicken. :)

      Delete