Wednesday, November 5, 2014

25 Things About Me



Photo Credit
Time to crack open the old black book and unearth some details about me and my (fascinating?) life.
Cynthia Herron tagged me in this challenge, and I’ve mulled long enough over what to share. This list is truly random. Like, for real.


1.      All’s Fair In Love And Cupcakes by Betsy St. Amant was my latest read, and I loved it! Have you ever seen the show Cupcake Wars? She plays around with that concept. Awesome!

Photo Credit
2.      I’m a Southern girl who despises sweet tea. Honestly, the stuff reminds me of pond water. Yuck.
3.      I also don’t like ham. Or beans. Or cole slaw.
4.      Brownie mix is pretty amazing though.
5.      My bookshelves are organized by genre and alphabetically by the author’s last name. I’m weird like that.
6.      I wear socks with flop-flops if it’s cold outside. There. I admitted it. Let the mocking commence.
7.      My sisters tell me I own too many blue clothes. Because that’s my favorite color.
8.      My writing hobby/wannabe career started with diaries. I kept one for a fair number of years, including thoughts such as “I’m very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very mad.” (I’m not exaggerating.)
9.      Certain people—ahem, you know who you are—say I remind them of a cat. Something about how I pat a baby’s back and curl up on couches.
10.  I lied on my driver’s license information sheet, saying my eyes were blue. Actually mine are greenish-blue, more green than blue. When I asked my guy what color they are, he decided on teal. (Too bad that choice wasn’t an option at the DMV.)
11.  My favorite book covers don’t include models depicting the characters.
12.  I’ve designed the cover for The Sound of Rain in my head. Unfortunately, I have no drawing ability, or else I’d try to create it for your viewing pleasure.
13.  To other folks, my writing journey seems fast. To me, it feels really, really, really, really slow. (Reverting back to my old diary-writing style.)
14.  Most people think I’m about fifteen or sixteen while I’m actually in my twenties. Perhaps this will be less annoying when I’m older.
15.  I record Gilmore Girls nearly every day.
16.  And wear sweaters. A lot. So much that I’ve earned the nickname of Jamie (from A Walk To Remember).


17.  I want to live in the middle of nowhere, but I also want to be close to Walmart.
18.  Small talk is not my thing. At first glance, you might consider me stuck-up. I’m not. I just don’t know what to say.
19.  This problem goes away once I’m comfortable around you.
20.  I’d love to visit England and Ireland. Trouble is, I refuse to fly. And boats remind me of the Titanic.
21.  I. Cannot. Sit. Still.
22.  Green bean casserole is my contribution every year at Thanksgiving.
23.  The Lord Jesus Christ is my Peace-giver, my Grace-Extender, my Confidante, my Saviour, and my Best Friend.
24.  My mind is going blank on two more random facts to include.
25.  I’d positively love it if you’d join my newsletter. Because your support and interest means a great deal to publishers. And despite my fear of self-promotion, I’ve been told it’s a crucial part of this writing journey.


Well, wasn't that fun? Got any random facts about yourself to share? Come on. You know you do...

6 comments:

  1. 8, 14, 17, 18, 19, 23--same here. :) (And I'd say 20 but I love flying and, well, even things that remind me of the Titanic.) Enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've got a "number" of things in common. (Ha!)
      If I weren't so incredibly afraid of heights, I might try flying. At this point, I know I would have to tranquilized.
      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Love your creativity, Courtney! I. like. you. !! My daughter's favorite color is blue, too. "I just don't know what to say" ... I've been guilty of that ... so I smile a lot. I would get made fun of in school because I smiled too much. Don't have words, just smile. :) You are a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you, Shelli! I just stopped in at your blog, and I like you too. Haha.
      I'm a smiler too. If someone says something and I don't know how to respond, I smile super big. And then hope someone else will fill the silence.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. 1. I've been wanting to read that ever since I read the blurb! I love those dessert cook-off shows!
    2. I love sweet tea--if it's made right. Just the right combo of tart-tangy sweetness. I'm a sweet tea snob. ;)

    I totally agree about beans, the bookshelf and the blue clothes!!!

    11. Oh, girl, if there's not a beautiful, historical dress on the cover of a book or a ruggedly handsome fella, I don't hardly pick it up. :) I don't like the characters faces to show, mind you. Especially the hero. The covers rarely ever match my imagination.

    12. LOVE this!!! I have sketched out the covers of HOV and LMH. I did LMH today. Haha! I've even played around with the title and my fancy author name in different fonts. :D

    14, 17, 18, 19. Me, too. But I've been forcing myself to break out with small-talk lately. I normally sound like an idiot, but it seems to make others feel comfortable--I'm an unmitigated people-pleaser. :s

    What a fun post!!! Loved reading it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About book covers--I don't mind seeing characters as long as their faces aren't shown, like you said. I like how characters are shown on Katie Ganshert's covers especially.
      Oh, I want to see your covers! Haha!
      I do try to do the small talk thing. But mostly I just feel awkward. And I have a tendency to blush. So not fun. 

      Thanks, as always, for stopping by!

      Delete