Thursday, September 18, 2014

Beyond I Do-A Novel by Jennifer Slattery

Pic via Google Images
 
First Line:
"Ainsley's stomach churned as she eased into the Whispering Hills Apartments parking lot."
 
My Thoughts:
Beyond I Do is a sweet novel with a clear spiritual theme. Hours of research must've gone into creating Richard, Ainsley's controlling fiancé. I don't see what Ainsley ever saw in him--the guy was a creep from the beginning.
Some of the characters were a bit cliché to me--the bubbly best friend, the dictator fiancé. There were typos that distracted me a bit. Ms. Slattery writes descriptions well, however. Also, as someone with a grandma who is having trouble with her memory, I definitely appreciated the subplot about Chris's mom in the nursing home. There were so many authentic worries depicted.
Some points of the plot were a tad too convenient, but this is truly a sweet story that reminds us how blessed we are. Thank the Lord He is faithful to use us no matter how much we fail him.
 
If you'd like to give Beyond I Do a try, you can buy it here.
 

 
From the Back Cover:
 
Ainsley Meadows, raised by a hedonist mother who relentlessly cycles through jobs and relationships, falls into a predictable and safe relationship with Richard, a self-absorbed, socialite psychiatrist. But as Ainsley's wedding nears, a battered woman and her child spark a long-forgotten dream, a hidden passion. One that threatens to change everything, including her fiancé. If she wants to embrace God's best plan and find lasting love, this security-seeking bride must follow God with reckless abandon and realize that marriage goes Beyond I Do.